Why Should I Get A Home Security System?
Though a home security system may seem like an expensive investment, it could help pay for itself, considering that you may get a discount on your homeowners insurance premium for having a system in place. You know you want to protect your family and home, but you may not know where to begin.
Choosing A Security System
Picking the Right Company – When selecting a home security company, it is important to pick one with a history of delivering quality products and reliable service to its customers. To check dependability:
- Make sure the alarm manufacturer is listed with Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Request a reference list of current clients you can contact.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or your local police department to see if they have any knowledge of complaints against a specific provider.
Choosing a Monitoring Service Option – The service that monitors your home is one of the most vital parts of your security system. Here are some additional options to consider:
- System backup: Look for companies that offer cellular or radio backups to keep your system online even if all physical lines to your house are down.
- System tests: Ask potential providers what types of tests they use and how often they are conducted as well as what is done if an error is discovered.
- Maintenance: Look for companies that offer annual maintenance as part of your normal cost of service.
When you think home security, you may only think burglar alarm. However, a fire alarm system is just as important. A fire that starts while you’re away from home can result in losses that far surpass those of a break-in. Having a fire alarm built into your home security system will ensure a quick response in the event of a fire, whether you’re home or not.